Photography Masterclass Series
These photography classes are bite-sized lessons on specific topics. They range between two and three hours and run on an ongoing 8 week cycle. Classes will held in one of three locations, Kenilworth, Coventry or Solihull, depending on the demand.
They suitable for any level of photographer but it is advised that you attend in the order listed or at least have a good understanding of the first modules before going onto complete the more specialised classes.
These are the perfect refresher class and are also suitable for anyone who has already attended a photography course with myself as each class contains new material and we are able to get more in-depth on specific topics and brush up on your areas of understanding.
Each class is approximate 2-3hrs and runs on a weekday evening on a rolling 10-12 week basis. Locations for the classes will be set based on the preferences of those booking so the dates, days and locations listed may be subject to change to suit who has booked.
- Get off Automatic Mode - Exposure Explained
- Creative Composition - Develop your creative eye and understanding
- DSLR Craft - Get to grips with Metering, Focusing, White Balance and more
- Filters & Bracketing - Understand Dynamic Range and RAW Vs JPG
- Getting started with Adobe Lightroom an introduction and basic walkthrough
- Portrait Photography - Learn how to take better portrait photos
- Black & White Photography - Understand the visual building blocks of mono
- Landscape Photography - Art of the landscape - a visual guide
- Macro - Close-up Photography - Theory and practical workshop
- Image sharing - final refinement, exporting, sizing, framing and uploading/selling
- How to get organised and stay organised in Lightroom
- Creative editing - An introduction and masterclass in NIK plug-ins suite
- How to choose and setup up your DSLR and use it effectively
- Camera and kit care - a complete walkthrough and best practise advice
- Photo Critiques - Bring your photos for Alan to review and critique.
Classes can be booked individually or book a block to receive a discount. Dates can be arranged to suit so no need to take classes consecutively when booking a block.
You can also book photo critique nights to follow up an earlier masterclass and share your photos with Alan for feedback and critique.
5. Photo Editing Basics
An introduction to Adobe Lightroom
This masterclass is an introduction to photo editing. Using Adobe Lightroom (available on a free 30 day trial) Alan will explain and demonstrate how to make basic edits to any photograph and get quick and effective improvements in just a few minutes.
This class is a great way to see how powerful and easy it is to enhance and fix common photo mistakes and do the things that can't always be done in camera.
If you want to correct those crooked horizons, eliminate distractions and get better contrast, impact or just crop to improve composition then Alan will show you how to do all this and more in this easy to follow class. You can even bring one of your own images to the class for Alan to edit.
How you will learn
- The class will be delivered by Alan using Adobe Lightroom and a projector.
- Max 8 places for the class
- Lightroom Overview
- Basic editing
- Tips and advice
Optional - a USB stick with some images on.
Venue & attendance
- The class will run at Solihull if 5-8 attendees
- The class will run at home in Coventry if less than 5 attendees
Is this for me?
This class is suitable for beginners who are new to editing photos or want to see how Lightroom can produce effective improvements quickly and easily
This class will enable you to start recognising and correcting the mistakes you might have made in camera. In addition you will be able to quickly enhance your image without becoming a Photoshop expert.