8. Landscape Photography
This masterclass is all about improving your skills in landscape photography. Alan will demonstrate, using photos and explanation, how to go about taking better landscape photos and how water and movement can add a dimensional twist to your shots.
The subject of landscapes is varied and vast - however Alan will teach you how to refine your eye and look for the most compelling elements that may provide you the extraordinary when most people see only the ordinary.
The landscape photography class will be rich in content and diverse in subject matter to show what a wonderful array of opportunities photographers have when it comes to making landscape images.
How you will learn
- The class will be delivered by Alan
- Max 8 places for the class
- Landscapes and the options
- Camera settings used to make shots
- What is done in camera and post production
- 10 tips to get better landscapes
- How to recognise the visual clues
- Essentials to master for anyone
Note paper and pen.
Venue & attendance
- The class will run at Solihull if 5-8 attendees
- The class will run at home in Coventry if less than 5 attendees
Is this for me?
This class is suitable for any level of photographer from complete beginners to experienced as we work through how to improve landscape photographs and what you can do to improve
- You will have a better understanding of the options available to you for landscapes
- you will understand how to use movement, water and contrast in any landscape situation
- You will recognise the essential elements to make good landscape photos
Photography Masterclass Series
These photography classes are bite-sized lessons on specific topics. They range between two and three hours and run on an ongoing 8 week cycle. Classes will held in one of three locations, Kenilworth, Coventry or Solihull, depending on the demand.
They suitable for any level of photographer but it is advised that you attend in the order listed or at least have a good understanding of the first modules before going onto complete the more specialised classes.
These are the perfect refresher class and are also suitable for anyone who has already attended a photography course with myself as each class contains new material and we are able to get more in-depth on specific topics and brush up on your areas of understanding.
Each class is approximate 2-3hrs and runs on a weekday evening on a rolling 10-12 week basis. Locations for the classes will be set based on the preferences of those booking so the dates, days and locations listed may be subject to change to suit who has booked.
- Get off Automatic Mode - Exposure Explained
- Creative Composition - Develop your creative eye and understanding
- DSLR Craft - Get to grips with Metering, Focusing, White Balance and more
- Filters & Bracketing - Understand Dynamic Range and RAW Vs JPG
- Getting started with Adobe Lightroom an introduction and basic walkthrough
- Portrait Photography - Learn how to take better portrait photos
- Black & White Photography - Understand the visual building blocks of mono
- Landscape Photography - Art of the landscape - a visual guide
- Macro - Close-up Photography - Theory and practical workshop
- Image sharing - final refinement, exporting, sizing, framing and uploading/selling
- How to get organised and stay organised in Lightroom
- Creative editing - An introduction and masterclass in NIK plug-ins suite
- How to choose and setup up your DSLR and use it effectively
- Camera and kit care - a complete walkthrough and best practise advice
- Photo Critiques - Bring your photos for Alan to review and critique.
Classes can be booked individually or book a block to receive a discount. Dates can be arranged to suit so no need to take classes consecutively when booking a block.
You can also book photo critique nights to follow up an earlier masterclass and share your photos with Alan for feedback and critique.