Photography Masterclass Series
These photography classes are bite-sized lessons on specific topics. They range between two and three hours and run on an ongoing cycle. Classes are generally held at my home in Coventry.
They suitable for any level of photographer but please feel free to phone me if you want to check on suitability
These are the perfect refresher class and are also suitable for anyone who has already attended a photography course with myself as each class contains new material and we are able to get more in-depth on specific topics and brush up on your areas of understanding.
Each class is approximate 2.5hrs and runs on a weekday evening on a rolling basis.
- Get off Automatic Mode - Exposure Explained
- Creative Composition - Develop your creative eye and understanding
- DSLR Craft - Get to grips with Metering, Focusing, White Balance and more
- Filters & Bracketing - Understand Dynamic Range and RAW Vs JPG
- Getting started with Adobe Lightroom an introduction and basic walkthrough
- Portrait Photography - Learn how to take better portrait photos
- Black & White Photography - Understand the visual building blocks of mono
- Landscape Photography - Art of the landscape - a visual guide
- Macro - Close-up Photography - Theory and practical workshop
- Image sharing - final refinement, exporting, sizing, framing and uploading/selling
- How to get organised and stay organised in Lightroom
- Creative editing - An introduction and masterclass in NIK plug-ins suite
- How to choose and setup up your DSLR and use it effectively
- Camera and kit care - a complete walkthrough and best practise advice
- Photo Critiques - Bring your photos for Alan to review and critique.
Classes can be booked individually or book a block to receive a discount. Dates can be arranged to suit so no need to take classes consecutively when booking a block.
You can also book photo critique nights to follow up an earlier masterclass and share your photos with Alan for feedback and critique.
1. Get of Automatic Mode - Exposure Explained
This is the first step towards taking more control of the camera and the effects of using one of the manual exposure modes instead of Automatic.
Alan will walk you through what each setting means and how it changes the appearance of subjects in your photo's so you can decide how you want to portray things.
This lesson will explain the Exposure Triangle in detail and also give you a greater insight into the photographic workflow with examples and illustrations of how using different settings can help you make images beyond the normal visual recognition of the human eye.
Optional - a USB stick with some images on.
Venue & attendance
- The class will run at Solihull or Kenilworth if 5-8 attendees
- The class will run at home in Coventry if less than 5 attendees
Is this for me?
This class is suitable for beginners who are new to editing photos or want to see how Lightroom can produce effective improvements quickly and easily
This class will enable you to start recognising and correcting the mistakes you might have made in camera. In addition you will be able to quickly enhance your image without becoming a Photoshop expert.
How you will learn
- The class will be delivered by Alan using Powerpoint
- Max 12 places for the class
- The photographic workflow
- Exposure Explained
- Tips and advice