Online photography mentoring programme
The perfect way to learn photography and be guided on-line
The online photographic mentoring programme has been designed as service for anyone who wants photography advice, guidance and feedback on their work on an ongoing basis: The online photography tuition will give you a fresh topic and objective to shoot and practise on each month.
Monthly Photographic Mentoring
This on-line photography mentoring is for aspiring photographers of any proficiency, wishing to improve their knowledge base with a regular monthly assignment.
Is this for me?
For all levels of photographer from novice through to expert, who want regular photography advice, guidance and feedback.
- Improve at your own speed, with monthly photographic assignments.
- On-line mentoring means you don't have to attend a classroom or workshop.
- Monthly photographic assignments are accompanied by guidelines, tips, ideas and instructions.
- Expand your know-how and confidence, shooting a variety of pictures using different techniques.
- Receive support and advice from a trustworthy teacher.
- Feedback from Alan, a professional on areas of improvement and the merits of your work
- A themed photographic assignment every month
- Guidance notes, examples and tips
- Feedback with suggestions and merits
- Monthly blog post of students work so you see what others have done too
- Digital Camera
- Internet connection and Dropbox
How you will learn
Assignments are issued on around the 15th of the month, every month, Alan’s response will follow within two weeks of the following month’s submission so around the 30th..
Feedback will assess: impact, interest & viewpoint, processing & presentation, composition, and technique.
See previous mentoring assignments photos from students enrolled on the programmes
To cancel your subscription at any time click on the unsubscribe button.
This process is organised into five simple steps:
1. A monthly photographic theme for shooting is set:
Themes will utilise both technical and creative skills and notes are provided to give suggestions and examples to work with. You can choose to shoot each theme indoors, or outside and use an open interpretation. The monthly assignment will be issued electronically to you.
2. Pick up to three shots for review:
You take pictures for the assignment and select 3 of your images
3. Upload your photos by drop-box:
Your pictures remain private and are only seen by your mentor, unless selected to appear on Alan’s blog ( you can choose not to have your images published if you wish) .
4. Alan reviews your images:
Typically between 15th and end of the month.
5. Receive constructive feedback:
Written (by email) or over the phone.
Advice based, feedback is designed to help you learn and improve, enhance your confidence and realise your potential.
Where do I go from here?
You can sign up to this mentoring programme now.
Pay monthly for as long as you want to stay on the programme, or discuss paying for 12 months up front to get two months for free.
Monthly Plan: 20.00 GBP - monthly
Annual Plan: 200.00 GBP - for 12 months
Subscription can be stopped at any time.
Payment and subscription is handled by PayPal, so cancellation is at your discretion.
“The photographic mentoring project has so far exceeded expectation. The assignments are well thought out and provide plenty of guidance and ideas. Alan’s critique is extremely detailed and very fair. I would recommend to anyone who is keen to improve their photography skills and learn how to review their own images.” Chris Shaw, 2013.
"I'd highly recommend this to anyone wanting to improve their photography" Sue Keating, 2015