Photography Masterclass Series
These photography classes are bite-sized lessons on specific topics. They range between two and three hours and run on an ongoing 8 week cycle. Classes will held in one of three locations, Kenilworth, Coventry or Solihull, depending on the demand.
They suitable for any level of photographer but it is advised that you attend in the order listed or at least have a good understanding of the first modules before going onto complete the more specialised classes.
These are the perfect refresher class and are also suitable for anyone who has already attended a photography course with myself as each class contains new material and we are able to get more in-depth on specific topics and brush up on your areas of understanding.
Each class is approximate 2-3hrs and runs on a weekday evening on a rolling 10-12 week basis. Locations for the classes will be set based on the preferences of those booking so the dates, days and locations listed may be subject to change to suit who has booked.
- Get off Automatic Mode - Exposure Explained
- Creative Composition - Develop your creative eye and understanding
- DSLR Craft - Get to grips with Metering, Focusing, White Balance and more
- Filters & Bracketing - Understand Dynamic Range and RAW Vs JPG
- Getting started with Adobe Lightroom an introduction and basic walkthrough
- Portrait Photography - Learn how to take better portrait photos
- Black & White Photography - Understand the visual building blocks of mono
- Landscape Photography - Art of the landscape - a visual guide
- Macro - Close-up Photography - Theory and practical workshop
- Image sharing - final refinement, exporting, sizing, framing and uploading/selling
- How to get organised and stay organised in Lightroom
- Creative editing - An introduction and masterclass in NIK plug-ins suite
- How to choose and setup up your DSLR and use it effectively
- Camera and kit care - a complete walkthrough and best practise advice
- Photo Critiques - Bring your photos for Alan to review and critique.
Classes can be booked individually or book a block to receive a discount. Dates can be arranged to suit so no need to take classes consecutively when booking a block.
You can also book photo critique nights to follow up an earlier masterclass and share your photos with Alan for feedback and critique.
3. DSLR Craft Masterclass
It is recommended that you attend the “Get off Auto” and “Composition” workshops prior to attending this Masterclass.
- The photographic workflow – See | Design | Shoot | Enhance | Share
- Learning to see
- Design – Taking a considered image and building a portfolio of work
- Shoot - Understanding exposure, metering, histograms, exposure compensation, stops, dynamic range, focusing, depth of field, white balance
How you will learn
- The class will be delivered by Alan in lecture format with classroom practicals
- Attendees will be provided some class notes for future reference
- Max 8 places for the class
- Metering Light, Histograms and exposure compensation, Stops and dynamic range, focusing and Depth of Field and setting white balance.
- In class practicals
- How to create a photo project and body of work
Note paper and pen and your camera
Venue & attendance
- The class will run at Solihull or kenilworth if 5-8 attendees
- The class will run at home in Coventry if less than 5 attendees
Is this for me?
This class is suitable for any level of photographer from complete beginners to experienced as we work through a range of photo's you will improve your eye whatever level you are at.