Age UK Coventry - Digital Photography Course
Do you enjoy photography but struggle with all those settings and options? This may be the perfect photography course for you.
Alan Ranger, a professional photographer and qualified photography tutor will take you through a set of weekly afternoon classes to explain all the key essentials of digital photography and image making.
No prior experience needed - this class will take you the basics through to more creative and advanced photography techniques.
5 weekly digital photography classes -
- Module 1 Beginners - Get Off Auto & Camera Settings - 24th Jan 2018 - 21st Feb
- Module 2 Beginners - Photo Composition and Editing - 21st Feb 2018 - 28th Mar
- 1 Module - £80
- 2 Modules £145
Held @ Age UK Coventry - Gilbert Richards Centre, Broadway, Coventry CV5 6N
Class Dates - 2:30pm-4:30pm
New dates for Sep 2019 under discussion - check back soon
Module 1 - Get off Auto
- Wed 24th Jan
- Wed 31st Jan
- Wed 7th Feb
- Wed 14th Feb
- Wed 21st Feb
Module 2 - Photo Composition/Editing
- Wed 28th Feb
- Wed 7th Mar
- Wed 14th Mar
- Wed 21st Mar
- Wed 28th Mar
Enrol today - max 12 Places
Digital Photography Course Outline
- Each week Alan will use a projector and powerpoint to explain each topic.
- We will then do some practical work to put into practise the topic theory.
- There will also be optional weekly assignments for you to take away and practise on in your own time and then get feedback and help the following week from Alan.
Module 1 - Get Off Auto
- Get off Automatic Mode
- Exposure Explained
- Metering & Light
- Composition Basics
- Camera lenses and other gear
- Image format - RAW & JPG
- White Balance
Module 2 - Composition and editing photos
- Uploading images from camera to computer
- Editing images on the computer
- Macro and Close-up
- Portrait Photography
- Sports and Wildlife
- B&W photography
- Printing Images
- Resizing Images
- Uploading Images to the Web
Course Terms & Conditions
- Max places 12 - Minimum required to run 8 (in the event of insufficient bookings to run, anyone who has booked will get a full refund)
- Booking must be made in advance on this website using the Add to Cart option and paying by Debit/Credit card or PayPal option.
- If you wish to pay by cash please contact Alan directly to arrange a day and time to make payment. Cash payments need to be made 7 days prior to event start date.
- No refunds or part-refunds can be made for any weeks you cannot attend. The price is for all 5 or 10 weeks regardless of how many you attend.
- A refund, less 20% administration fee will be given if you cancel within 14 days of the event start date, thereafter no refunds willbe given for cancellation.
- A digital camera - compact, bridge or DSLR
- No existing experience or skill required - Alan will teach you everything from basics to more.
- A notepad and pen
- An open mind, positive attitude and willingness to engage and learn
Included in the course
- Handouts for each class with explanations, examples and ideas for you to try at home.
- Optional weekly photographic assignments so you get the chance to show Alan your work and deal with any issues.
- An engaging and passionate tutor who is a professional qualified photographer.
Excluded in the course
- Camera insurance