Poppy Field Photography Workshops - 14th Jun to 19th Jun 2018
Join an award-winning professional photographer and qualified tutor, Alan Ranger, for a poppy field photography workshop in Kidderminster, Worcestershire.
Poppy fields are one of those seasonal highlights for outdoor photographers who appreciate nature and the spectacle of a field of colour.
Choice of workshops: Cost for 2.5hrs £75
- Sunrise - 5 am to 7:30 am
- Sunset - 7:15 pm to 9:45 pm
Alan has run poppy field workshops for the last six years so can guide you in every aspect of capturing and making compelling images on a vista or macro level.
- On the day you will be shown the best spots for taking those stunning photos
- You will have 1-2-1 tuition throughout according to your level and experience to go home with compelling shots
- Most importantly, you will be advised by a professional, award winning photographer on all aspects of photography
In order to give you a truly personal service, I limit the number of places so I can give you one-to-one advice.
We will meet at a designated point at 5:00 am or 7:15 pm and take the short drive and 10 min walk to the poppy fields - location and meeting point details will be emailed prior to the event.
On this workshop Alan will guide you through:
- focusing in low light
- tonal range and shadow and highlight recognition
- composition and designing the shots in a variety of ways
- long exposure, set-up and calculating the right amount of time
- photo reviews throughout the workshop and demonstrations
- Landscapes & Vista's
- Macro and close-up
- Abstract & Movement
- Long exposure
- Sunrise or sunset and using light creatively
Equipment and Suitability
- Any camera and lens is suitable - Zoom and wide angle and macro lens are an advantage
- Tripod is advised, especially for doing close-up shots but also if booking the sunrise session.
- A tripod can be hired for the workshop at £10 - Let me know in advance if required.
- A polariser filter is useful but not essential
- Remote Release cable is useful but alternatively you can use the self-timer on the camera.
- Neutral Density / Graduated Neutral Density Filters are recommended but not essential.
- Workshops are suitable to any level of experience as 1:2:1 tuition is provided throughout.
- A complete packing and equipment list will be provided before the workshop event date.
Fitness level Required - Easy
This trip is rated as easy, meaning that most people with average fitness should comfortably be able to deal with the short walks (20mins) and occasional steps or gradients involved.
Cancellation or Bad Weather
- Please read my terms and conditions before booking as you will be bound by them upon receipt of money paid.
- On the rare occasion that severe weather conditions or other natural circumstances prevent any of the photography workshops from safely or practically going ahead, other dates will be offered if a 1 day, 4hr or 2.5hr event.
If you have any questions about the workshop or equipment please don't hesitate to contact me. email@example.com or ring 0781-701-7994
Availability Status @ 30th May
Max of 6 places per workshop
- Thu 14th Jun - 7:15 pm- 6 Places
- Mon 18th Jun 7:15 pm - 3 Places
- Tue 19th Jun 7:15 pm - 4 Places
- Book Tuition Only and select:
- 2.5hrs - 7:15 pm to 9:45pm
- Enter the time and date in the notes field on the booking form on checkout process
- Book 2.5 hrs option
- After Book Now, Go to the shopping cart top right if a desktop or three horizontal bars at the top of a mobile screen
Purchase this as a gift card. The recipient will need to book directly for the event using the gift card code.