Photo Critique Class
Do you take lots of photos but then struggle to separate the good from the bad? Or maybe you can see the potential but are not sure whether it's worth spending time editing it. Maybe, you just don't have the skills to edit.
This one-off class is a chance to bring your photos and get Alan's professional feedback. Alan will provide a constructive critique on any image you wish to share. He will talk through the merits of the image and suggest ways in which it could be improved by further editing as well as point out any improvements you could have made when taking the shot.
This is a fun, relaxed class where the work of up to 8 attendees will be reviewed by Alan and you will be able to see Alan edit images for instant improvement. You will learn a lot more than just what you could have done differently with your images as you will also watch and listen to the critique of other attendees work.
Each class is approximate 2-3hrs and runs on a weekday evening on a rolling 10-12 week basis. Locations for the classes will be set based on the preferences of those booking so the dates, days and locations listed may be subject to change to suit who has booked.
- Get off Automatic Mode - Exposure Explained
- Creative Composition - Develop your creative eye and understanding
- DSLR Craft - Get to grips with Metering, Focusing, White Balance and more
- Filters & Bracketing - Understand Dynamic Range and RAW Vs JPG
- Getting started with Adobe Lightroom an introduction and basic walkthrough
- Portrait Photography - Learn how to take better portrait photos
- Black & White Photography - Understand the visual building blocks of mono
- Landscape Photography - Art of the landscape - a visual guide
- Macro - Close-up Photography - Theory and practical workshop
- Image sharing - final refinement, exporting, sizing, framing and uploading/selling
- How to get organised and stay organised in Lightroom
- Creative editing - An introduction and masterclass in NIK plug-ins suite
- How to choose and setup up your DSLR and use it effectively
- Camera and kit care - a complete walkthrough and best practise advice
- Photo Critiques - Bring your photos for Alan to review and critique.
Classes can be booked individually or book a block to receive a discount. Dates can be arranged to suit so no need to take classes consecutively when booking a block.
You can also book photo critique nights to follow up an earlier masterclass and share your photos with Alan for feedback and critique.
How you will learn
- The class will be delivered by Alan using Adobe Lightroom and a projector.
- Attendees images - Min 4 - Max 6 per student depending on the number of attendees on the night - approx 15 mins - 30 mins each
- Max 8 places for the class
- Composition & Design
- Camera settings used & exposure
- Edits and suggestions
A USB stick with your images on.
Venue & attendance
- The class will run at Solihull if 5-8 attendees
- The class will run at home in Coventry if less than 5 attendees
- Attendees may chose to leave or stay for others critiques
Is this for me?
This class is suitable for any level of photographer from complete beginners to experienced as we work through a range of photo's you will improve your eye whatever level you are at.
It's all very well being able to take photo's but if you miss the analytical reflection and don't master the technique of critiquing your own work then you will continue to make the same mistakes and be slow to improve.