Photo Critique Class
Do you take lots of photos but then struggle to separate the good from the bad? Or maybe you can see the potential but are not sure whether it's worth spending time editing it. Maybe, you just don't have the skills to edit.
This class is a chance to bring your photos and get Alan's professional feedback.
Alan will provide a constructive critique on any image you wish to share. He will talk through the merits of the image and suggest ways in which it could be improved by further editing as well as point out any improvements you could have made when taking the shot.
This is a fun, relaxed class where the work of up to 4 attendees will be reviewed by Alan and you will be able to see Alan edit images for instant improvement.
- Composition & Design
- Camera settings used & exposure
- Edits and suggestions
- Places x 4. - Typically 3-4 attendees
- In order for a class to go ahead, there must be a minimum of three clients booked for that particular date. Should there be insufficient interest, alternative dates will be offered.
This course is aimed at beginners and intermediate level photographers
It's all very well being able to take photo's but if you miss the analytical reflection and don't master the technique of critiquing your own work then you will continue to make the same mistakes and be slow to improve.
- Please read my terms and conditions before booking as you will be bound by them upon receipt of money paid.
- Cancellation less than 4wks prior to event date - no refund
- No show on the event - loss of place/money
- Rebooking fee applies for changing course date if less than 4 weeks before event date or for re-booking a missed class that was not notified.
Included with the class
- Class booklet/notes
- Tea & Coffee
- A USB stick with your images on.
- Notepaper and pen
How you will learn
Alan is passionate about photography and a qualified photography tutor. He will engage you in discussion and be more than willing to answer as many questions as possible on the night.
- The class will be delivered by Alan using Adobe Lightroom and a projector.
- Attendees images - Min 5 - Max 10 per student depending on the number of attendees on the night - approx 30 mins each
- Attendees may choose to leave or stay for others critiques
- You will learn a lot more than just what you could have done differently with your images as you will also watch and listen to the critique of other attendees work.
Where do I go from here?
Sign up now and you've taken the first step.
Most clients mix this classroom based course with a mixture of practical workshops, mentoring and other events.
Photography Masterclass Series
These photography classes are bite-sized lessons on specific topics. They range between two and three hours and run on an ongoing cycle. Classes are generally held at my home in Coventry.
They suitable for any level of photographer but please feel free to phone me if you want to check on suitability
These are the perfect refresher class and are also suitable for anyone who has already attended a photography course with myself as each class contains new material and we are able to get more in-depth on specific topics and brush up on your areas of understanding.
Each class is approximate 2.5hrs and runs on a weekday evening on a rolling basis.
- Get off Automatic Mode - Exposure Explained
- Creative Composition - Develop your creative eye and understanding
- DSLR Craft - Get to grips with Metering, Focusing, White Balance and more
- Filters & Bracketing - Understand Dynamic Range and RAW Vs JPG
- Getting started with Adobe Lightroom an introduction and basic walkthrough
- Portrait Photography - Learn how to take better portrait photos
- Black & White Photography - Understand the visual building blocks of mono
- Landscape Photography - Art of the landscape - a visual guide
- Macro - Close-up Photography - Theory and practical workshop
- Image sharing - final refinement, exporting, sizing, framing and uploading/selling
- How to get organised and stay organised in Lightroom
- Creative editing - An introduction and masterclass in NIK plug-ins suite
- How to choose and setup up your DSLR and use it effectively
- Camera and kit care - a complete walkthrough and best practise advice
- Photo Critiques - Bring your photos for Alan to review and critique.
Classes can be booked individually or book a block to receive a discount. Dates can be arranged to suit so no need to take classes consecutively when booking a block.
You can also book photo critique nights to follow up an earlier masterclass and share your photos with Alan for feedback and critique.