Beginner to Intermediates Course
This is the new follow-on course for anyone who has attended the 5 Week Beginners Foundation Course or has a good understanding of exposure, composition and image making.
Aimed at the beginner/intermediate level this photography course is for those who want to develop their skills, understanding and abilities further.
If you have already done the beginners 5 week course this is the next level and perfect for you to carry on with your photography tuition.
Provisional Dates and options based on demand -
6 weekly evening classes - 6:45pm to 9:15pm
Course Content TBC shortly but Outline as follows
Training the eye – The considered image – Interpretations & Style
Creative compositions – What makes a stand out image and how to maximise opportunities.
Recognising tone and developing an eye for balance, pre shot and post production
Creative editing in LR & NIK – creating and using recipes to speed up your workflow and get consistency in image processing
Additional Topics - Flexible - Based on participants needs and wishes
- Photography Kit – Alan’s tips for must haves, care of and use of
- Advanced DSLR – Metering, Focusing. DoF and other camera settings
- Filters and Light – Dynamic Range, using filters and bracketing
- Abstract Photography – A guide on how to with an assignment (Covers how and why choose, patterns, shapes, colour, textures etc.)
- Macro Photography - A guide on how to with an assignment (Covers focus stacking and understanding DoF etc.)
- B&W Photography - A guide on how to with an assignment (Covers basic approach to B&W and conversion in SilverEffex)
- Landscape Photography- A guide on how to with an assignment (Covers basic approaches, best practices and using light and design to create)
- Portrait Photography - A guide on how to with an assignment (Covers top ten tips re getting best from subject and typical camera settings)
- Places x 8. - Typically 6-8 attendees
- In order for a class to go ahead, there must be a minimum of six clients booked for that particular date. Should there be insufficient interest, alternative dates will be offered.
This course is aimed at Intermediate Level Photographers who have a firm grasp of the techincal settings on the camera, understand and practise composition and good design as a rule, edit their photos according to their style and vision but want to take the next step forwards to improve all aspects further.
- Please read my terms and conditions before booking as you will be bound by them upon receipt of money paid.
- Cancellation less than 4wks prior to event date - no refund
- No show on the event - loss of place/money
- Rebooking fee applies for changing course date if less than 4 weeks before event date or for re-booking a missed class that was not notified.
Included with the class
- Class booklet/notes
- Tea & Coffee
You will need a DSLR, Lightroom and a laptop.
How you will learn
Alan is passionate about photography and a qualified photography tutor. He will engage you in discussion and be more than willing to answer as many questions as possible on the night.
You will also be set practical assignments, allowing you to use new skills at home and then bring your images to the next class for feedback and get answers to any issues that arose.
Where do I go from here?
Sign up now and you've taken the first step.
Most clients mix this classroom based course with a mixture of practical workshops, mentoring and other events.