Beginner to Intermediates Course
This is the new follow-on course for anyone who has attended the 5 Week Beginners Foundation Course or has a good understanding of exposure, composition and image making.
Aimed at the Intermediate level this photography course is for those who want to develop their skills, understanding and abilities further.
If you have already done the beginners 5 week course this is the next level and perfect for you to carry on with your photography tuition.
Provisional Dates and options based on demand -
6 weekly evening classes - 6:45pm to 9:15pm
Course Content TBC shortly but Outline as follows:
- Max 8 participants
- Weekly assignments and feedback
- Course booklet containing presentations and notes included
Training the eye – The considered image – Interpretations & Style
Creative compositions – What makes a stand out image and how to maximise opportunities.
Recognising tone and developing an eye for balance, pre shot and post production
Creative editing in LR & NIK – creating and using recipes to speed up your workflow and get consistency in image processing
Additional Topics - Flexible - Based on participants needs and wishes
- Photography Kit – Alan’s tips for must haves, care of and use of
- Advanced DSLR – Metering, Focusing. DoF and other camera settings
- Filters and Light – Dynamic Range, using filters and bracketing
- Abstract Photography – A guide on how to with an assignment (Covers how and why choose, patterns, shapes, colour, textures etc.)
- Macro Photography - A guide on how to with an assignment (Covers focus stacking and understanding DoF etc.)
- B&W Photography - A guide on how to with an assignment (Covers basic approach to B&W and conversion in SilverEffex)
- Landscape Photography- A guide on how to with an assignment (Covers basic approaches, best practices and using light and design to create)
- Portrait Photography - A guide on how to with an assignment (Covers top ten tips re getting best from subject and typical camera settings)