Adobe Lightroom Photography Course
25th Jun to 16th Jul
- 4 consecutive Mon evenings for 2.5hrs each week.
- If you can't make one (but only one) week then you can attend a future course for the missed week.
This 4 week course is to give beginners the opportunity to learn how to professionally develop photos using Adobe Lightroom and other editing software. You don't have to be experienced to attend this course as you will learn and improve, whatever level you are currently at.
- A workflow for photo editing and organising.
- Use Adobe Lightroom on a laptop computer
- Learn how to organise, catalogue, keyword and rate your photos
- Learn how to implement an efficient workflow to photo management and editing
- Learn what the Lightroom modules do and how to configure them
- Learn what the various editing options are and how to use them
- Learn how to keep your original intention intact so photo editing remains the polish rather than surgery on your photos
- Learn how to create a slideshow, print and publish your photos on-line.
- Places x 8. - Typically 6-8 attendees
- In order for a class to go ahead, there must be a minimum of six clients booked for that particular date. Should there be insufficient interest, alternative dates will be offered.
This course teaches basic foundations of image transfer, cataloguing, organising and tagging photos so you can easily find images.
You will then go on to learn how to edit photos easily and make all the critical adjustments required to then export or print your images at various sizes and formats.
In practice, this course will also help you improve your eye for a shot as you become more aware of the improvements that could have been made in camera.
- Please read my terms and conditions before booking as you will be bound by them upon receipt of money paid.
- Cancellation less than 4wks prior to event date - no refund
- No show on the event - loss of place/money
- Rebooking fee applies for changing course date if less than 4 weeks before event date or for re-booking a missed class that was not notified.
Included with the class
- Class booklet/notes
- Tea & Coffee
You will need a laptop (MAC or Windows) running at least Windows 8 OS and with a version (trial is sufficient) of Adobe Lightroom installed.
How you will learn
Alan is passionate about photography and a qualified photography tutor. He will engage you in discussion and be more than willing to answer as many questions as possible on the night.
Alan will demonstrate Lightroom through a projector and explain each topic and then you will have time to do in class practicals by replicating and trying for yourself the demo Alan has provided.
Detailed Course Content
• Importing your images from camera or card to Lightroom
• Organising your folders and images
• Creating presets, captions and key wording your images
• Organising in collections and using the extensive search features
• Using flags, filters and star ratings to improve your workflow and efficiency
• Reading the histogram
• White balance adjustment
• Tone adjustments and exposure corrections
• Contrast, clarity, vibrancy and saturation
• Using tone curves to create the right contrast and tonality in your images
• HSL/Colour/B&W adjustments
• Sharpening and noise reduction
• Lens corrections to remove those distortions
• Cropping and straightening, aspect ratios
• Spot removal - cloning and healing
• Graduated filters, adjustment brush tool and radial filter
• Exporting images
• File formats and their usages
• Size and resolution
• Creating slideshows and books
• Publish services to improve and manage versions
• Batch processing images for same look and style
• Using automation to cut down time
• Using 3rd party plug-ins (given free with the course) to add professional effects to images
• B&W & Colour conversion
Where do I go from here?
Sign up now and you've taken the first step.