Adobe Lightroom Photography Course
- Tue Nov 27th 18:45 - 21:15
- Tue 4th Dec 18:45 - 21:15
- Tue 11th Dec 18:45 - 21:15
- Tue 18th Dec 18:45 - 21:15
4 consecutive Mon evenings for 2.5hrs each week.
This 4 week course is to give beginners the opportunity to learn how to professionally develop photos using Adobe Lightroom and other editing software. You don't have to be experienced to attend this course as you will learn and improve, whatever level you are currently at.
This 4-week beginner's course for Lightroom is for those who wish to learn or improve on there understanding and execution of:
- Week 1 - Lightroom Overview & Importing Images
- Week 2 - Library Module - Rating, Keywording, image Selection
- Week 3 - Develop Module - Global Edits
- Week 4 - Develop Module - Local Edits and Exporting Images
Detailed Course Content
• Importing your images from camera or card to Lightroom
• Organising your folders and images
• Creating presets, captions and key wording your images
• Organising in collections and using the extensive search features
• Using flags, filters and star ratings to improve your workflow and efficiency
• Reading the histogram
• White balance adjustment
• Tone adjustments and exposure corrections
• Contrast, clarity, vibrancy and saturation
• Using tone curves to create the right contrast and tonality in your images
• HSL/Colour/B&W adjustments
• Sharpening and noise reduction
• Lens corrections to remove those distortions
• Cropping and straightening, aspect ratios
• Spot removal - cloning and healing
• Localised Adjustments - Graduated filters, adjustment brush tool and radial filter
• Exporting images
• File formats and their usages
• Size and resolution
- Places x 8. - Typically 5-8 attendees
- In order for a class to go ahead, there must be a minimum of five clients booked. Should there be insufficient interest, alternative dates will be offered.
Level 1 - Aimed at;
- Novices and beginners who wish learn the basics of using Adobe Lightroom.
Included with the class
- Class booklet/notes
- Tea & Coffee
- You will need a laptop and Lightroom installed from the start of the course. See Adobe Lightroom site for minimum specs and subscription/purchase options.
- You will need a laptop (MAC or Windows) running at least Windows 8 OS and with a version (trial is sufficient) of Adobe Lightroom Classic installed.
- Note paper and pen
- 4 consecutive weekly evenings for 2.5hrs each week.
- If you can't make one of the weeks then you can attend a future course for the missed week at no extra cost.
- If more than one class is missed a small re-booking fee is required to attend all missed classes.
- Dorridge Methodist Church - Bentley Heath
- Room 8
- Ground Floor - Disabled Access
- Large Car Park - Free
- Sat Nav Postcode - B93 8NY
This course teaches basic foundations of image transfer, cataloguing, organising and tagging photos so you can easily find images.
You will then go on to learn how to edit photos easily and make all the critical adjustments required to then export or print your images at various sizes and formats.
In practice, this course will also help you improve your eye for a shot as you become more aware of the improvements that could have been made in camera.
- Please read my terms and conditions before booking as you will be bound by them upon receipt of money paid.
- Cancellation less than 4wks prior to event date - no refund
- No show on the event - loss of place/money
- Rebooking fee applies for changing course date if less than 4 weeks before event date or for re-booking a missed class that was not notified.
How you will learn
Alan is passionate about photography and a qualified photography tutor. He will engage you in discussion and be more than willing to answer as many questions as possible on the night.
Alan will demonstrate Lightroom through a projector and explain each topic and then you will have time to do in class practicals by replicating and trying for yourself the demo Alan has provided.
Where do I go from here?
Sign up now and you've taken the first step.