Adobe Lightroom Photography Course
- 4 consecutive weeks - evenings for 3hrs each week. If you can't make one week then you can attend a future course for the missed week.
Thu 27 Apr - 18 May
This course of 4 weekly evening classes is to give beginners the opportunity to learn how to professionally develop photos using Adobe Lightroom and other editing software.
- Use Adobe Lightroom on a laptop computer
- Learn how to organise, catalogue, keyword and rate your photos
- Learn how to implement an efficient workflow to photo management and editing
- Learn what the Lightroom modules do and how to configure them
- Learn what the various editing options are and how to use them
- Learn how to keep your original intention intact so photo editing remains the polish rather than surgery on your photos
- Learn how to create a slideshow, print and publish your photos on-line
During this 4 week course we will cover the following topics.
- Importing your images from camera or card to Lightroom
- Organising your folders and images
- Creating pre-sets, captions and key wording your images
- Organising in collections and using the extensive search features
- Using flags, filters and star ratings to improve your workflow and efficiency
- Reading the histogram
- White balance adjustment
- Tone adjustments and exposure corrections
- Contrast, clarity, vibrance and saturation
- Using tone curves to create the right contrast and tonality in your images
- HSL/Colour/B&W adjustments
- Sharpening and noise reduction
- Lens corrections to remove those distortions
- Cropping and straightening, aspect ratios
- Spot removal - cloning and healing
- Graduated filters, adjustment brush tool and radial filter
- Exporting images
- File formats and their usages
- Size and resolution
- Creating slideshows and books
- Publish services to improve and manage versions
Is this for me?
Aimed at novices, this course is for those who don’t want to become experts in Photoshop, but would like to learn the basic methods for a simple edit.
Alan's approach to photography is to get as much right in camera as possible so that you have the best digital negative possible. Photo editing is not about re-engineering or completely repainting a photo - it's enhancement and toning to emphasise the existing tone and light in your original photo.
Gain an understanding of the workflow process, from idea to complete photograph.
Use Adobe Lightroom’s modules and editing options for simple retouching, such as: enhancing tones, adjusting contrast and achieving focus.
Learn how to use the software to organise, rank and tag your photos.
Showcase a portfolio of your work via a slideshow, print photos or on-line publication.
How you will learn
Sessions are delivered in small, friendly seminars.
Alan will give you tips on advanced camera techniques to use, before moving on to the computer.
Once working on Lightroom, you will undertake assignments designed to gain familiarity with the software’s multiple functions.
- Laptop: Adobe Lightroom is available on a 30 day free trial
Where do I go from here?
You can sign up to this course now.
All courses can be combined with each other, practical workshops, online mentoring, and 1-2-1 sessions.