Developing Vision & Style Photography Course
This 6 month course (10 lessons) is for intermediate photographers who can regularly produce competent photographs and are on the journey of developing individual vision and style.
You will attend as follows:
Note: If you miss a night you can liaise with Alan in-between for reviews and feedback.
- 3 nights every two weeks for first 6 weeks.
- 3 nights - 1 a month for next 3 months
- 3 nights every two weeks for last 6 weeks
- 1 night post exhibition event
All evening classes 6:45pm-9:45pm
Provisional Dates: Subject to attendees needs
- Create a portfolio of images
- Present your work through images to music
- Option to speak on a ticket only event
- Special VIP Guest Speaker
- Option to sell images
- Work with a small dedicated group of artists
- Develop your personal style & vision
- This course differs from the Intermediates course in that this is not just focused on producing images that result in an exhibition.
- You will take on a photographic project for six months, developing a theme and your unique vision and style in a portfolio of images.
- Aiming for approx 50 images you will culminate the results into a portfolio of work that is representative of your photographic journey to date.
- Your portfolio could be output as an audio visual on presentation night.
- You have the option to present your portfolio to an exclusive audience in a 20 min presentation where you can present your vision, challenges and ideas amongst a friendly group.
- Images may also be printed and framed for sale in an ongoing exhibition.
- Design a photographic project - themed or a cross section of techniques and styles
- Learn how to present your portfolio with music and the option to speak about your journey to date.
- Bring pieces of work back to the class for input on processing and professional edits
- Learn to perfect new techniques and improve on existing knowledge.
- Work as a group to organise and market the presentation event. Arranging venue & other logistics.
Is this for me?
Aimed at photographers who already have a thorough understanding of camera operation, composition and processing images.
This course is the ideal follow-up to Alan’s other photography courses covering Lightroom, B&W, and the various masterclasses covering composition to special techniques.
If you are unable to make it to any particular class, there is the option to retake the session on a one-to-one basis for an additional cost.
The price of the ticket only night, including a VIP special speaker is not included in the course price - but it is anticipated that the cost of the event will be covered by entrance fees.
Become familiar with the complexities of composition, camera technique and image processing.
Learn to create photographs with a clear narrative, embodying the emotional scene of the moment.
How you will learn
Attend classes to get feedback on your work and suggestions on ideas, composition and processing
Learn how to enhance and improve your shots through review and suggestions on in the classes.
Receive advice on how to create a body of work that is both coherent and consistent, and how to sequence and present a body of work to others
See - Alan will help you transform what you see into a photograph with a clear narrative, embodying the emotional charge of the moment.
Design – learn how to compose images that will reflect your original intention in the mind of the viewer.
Shoot – be guided through the extensive camera settings and techniques needed to capture moments that show your true intentions.
Enhance – work with Alan to enhance your photos in post-processing, adding impact to your pictures without losing the essence of the photograph.
Share – Create a portfolio of work of approx 50 images over six months.
Option to present your work to a 1 night event alongside other artists and special VIP guest.
Option to print and frame your work for sale.
- Digital camera
- Adobe Lightroom (available on 30 day free trial
Where do I go from here?
You can sign up to this course now.
All courses can be combined with each other, practical workshops, online mentoring, and 1-2-1 sessions.