Black and White Photography Course
- 2 consecutive Thu evenings for 2.5hrs each week.
This 2 week course is to give beginners/intermediates the opportunity to learn how to recognise the visual building blocks of good B&W opportunities and then capture the best data in camera and convert to mono using software on the computer.
“The most colourful thing in the world is black and white, it contains all colours and at the same time excludes all.” – Vikrmn
- Tonal Contrast
- Shape & Form
- Shapes & Patterns
- Image conversion and editing.
- Places x 8. - Typically 6-8 attendees
- In order for a class to go ahead, there must be a minimum of six clients booked for that particular date. Should there be insufficient interest, alternative dates will be offered.
This course teaches you how to identify and use the key elements for good B&W photography. From Seeing and Designing the shot to camera settings and taking the shot through to image conversion and editing on the computer.
- Please read my terms and conditions before booking as you will be bound by them upon receipt of money paid.
- Cancellation less than 4wks prior to event date - no refund
- No show on the event - loss of place/money
- Rebooking fee applies for changing course date if less than 4 weeks before event date or for re-booking a missed class that was not notified.
Included with the class
- Class booklet/notes
- Tea & Coffee
You will need a laptop (MAC or Windows) running at least Windows 8 OS and with a version (trial is sufficient) of Adobe Lightroom installed.
How you will learn
Alan is passionate about photography and a qualified photography tutor. He will engage you in discussion and be more than willing to answer as many questions as possible on the night.
Alan will demonstrate and lecture through a projector and explain each topic and then you will have time to do in class practicals by replicating and trying for yourself the demo Alan has provided.
Where do I go from here?
Sign up now and you've taken the first step.