4-Week Beginner’s Photography Course
Solihull - Bentley Heath
- Tue Feb 19th - Course Start - Enrol Date
- Tue Feb 26th
- Tue Mar 5th
- Tue Mar 12th
This 4-week beginner's course is for those who wish to learn or improve on there understanding and execution of:
- Week 1 - Exposure
- Week 2 - Camera Settings
- Week 3 - Composition
- Week 4 - Equipment
- The exposure triangle
- Metering and focusing
- Dynamic range & light
- Final image formats
- White balance and colour profiles
- Filters, bracketing and tricky lighting
- Composition and shot design
- Tripods and other gear
- Basic image processing
- Places x 12. - Typically 6-10 attendees
- In order for a class to go ahead, there must be a minimum of six clients booked for that particular date. Should there be insufficient interest, alternative dates will be offered.
Level 1 - Aimed at;
- Novices and beginners who wish to use their camera more creatively. The ideal follow on from the "Get off Auto" introductory class.
- No prior knowledge required, however you will be expected to have a basic understanding about Aperture, Shutter and ISO. If not, attend the Get off Auto class first.
Included with the class
- Class booklet/notes
- Tea & Coffee
- You will need a camera (bridge or DSLR) with A/AV, S/TV or M exposure modes.
- Note paper and pen
- 4 consecutive Tuesday evenings for 2.5hrs each week.
- If you can't make one of the weeks then you can attend a future course for the missed week at no extra cost.
- If more than one class is missed a small re-booking fee is required to attend all missed classes.
- Dorridge Methodist Church - Bentley Heath
- Room 8
- Ground Floor - Disabled Access
- Large Car Park - Free
- Sat Nav Postcode - B93 8NY
This course teaches basic foundations of camera operation and composing images. It will also enable you to problem solve difficult and varied lighting conditions so you understand what you need to do to make shots in any situation.
In practice, you will see an instant improvement in your work with the aid of feedback on your images with the weekly assignments.
- Please read my terms and conditions before booking as you will be bound by them upon receipt of money paid.
- Cancellation less than 4wks prior to event date - no refund
- No show on the event - loss of place/money
- Rebooking fee applies for changing course date if less than 4 weeks before event date or for re-booking a missed class that was not notified.
How you will learn
Alan is passionate about photography and a qualified photography tutor. He will engage you in discussion and be more than willing to answer as many questions as possible on the night.
You will also be set practical assignments, allowing you to use new skills at home and then bring your images to the next class for feedback and get answers to any issues that arose.
Where do I go from here?
Sign up now and you've taken the first step.
Most clients go on to do the Adobe Lightroom Course to learn how to transfer and edit images on the computer. However, there are lots of options for other photography tuition too. Alan will be happy to advise accordingly.