Yorkshire Dales Photography Workshop
An exciting 1 to 3 day residential photography workshop visiting some gorgeous spots around the Yorkshire Dales. Includes early morning shoots and a variety of moody and dramatic scenes for you to practice, learn and hone your photographic skills.
Join me in Yorkshire and spend the weekend around some iconic locations such as:
- Ingleton, Dentdale & Sedbergh
- Day 1 - Limestone Pavements
- Ingleton, Dentdale & Sedbergh
- Day 2 - Waterfalls
The weather creates unique windows to capture, reflections, mist, stormy skies and subtle and strong colours - often all in the space of 1-2 days and sometimes just hours.
We will visit approximately 2-3 locations a day in a weekend subject to the wishes of the group, time, weather and other factors:
On this workshop Alan will guide you through:
- focusing in low light
- tonal range and shadow and highlight recognition
- composition and designing the shot
- long exposure, set-up and calculating the right amount of time
- Macro and close-up
- Long exposure/Movement
- Places x 6. - 3 x All Inclusive + 3 x Tuition Only - check with Alan for latest availability
There are 3 booking options available for this workshop:
- Book any of the days as tuition only - 1, 2 or 3 days
- Book all 3 days as All Inclusive
- Book 2 days as All Inclusive - speak to Alan regarding travel there and back.
- Day 1 - 5:30/6:30am from Coventry or meet at location at 9am
- Day 2 - Sunrise or 9am to 5pm/Sunset
- Day 3 - Sunrise or 9am to 2:30pm/3:30pm
Fitness level Required - Moderate
This trip is rated as moderate, meaning that most people with average fitness should be able to deal with the frequent walks (20-40mins) and frequent steps and gradients involved.
Equipment for this workshop
You will be provided with a complete list of suggested equipment upon booking.
The following is a summary of recommended items but it's not all essential:
- Tripod ( I have some for hire if you don't own one yet)
- No specialist lenses required, we can make use of whatever you have
- Remote cable release, useful but not essential
- A polariser filter is useful but not essential
- Neutral Density and Graduated ND filters are useful but not essential
- No prior knowledge of photography is required as each student will be taught individually, according to their level.
- Recognise correct lighting, contrast and texture to shape and form each shot.
- Learn the impact of using long exposure, shallow depth of field and other techniques.
- Work with Alan to review your shots, accept new ideas and improve your photography.
The information below is generic to all workshops - if it is a 1 day, 4hr or 2.5hr workshops then ignore travel and accommodation/meals as appropriate.
Purchase this photography workshop as a gift voucher for someone - just specify the event date on the voucher purchase checkout.
In order for a photographic workshop to go ahead, there must be a minimum of three clients booked for that particular date. Should there be insufficient interest, alternative dates will be offered though Alan may, at his discretion, run the workshop with less than 3 participants.
If you have any questions about the workshop or equipment please don't hesitate to contact me. firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0781-701-7994
Image feedback is included in the price throughout the workshop.
If you would like post workshop feedback on your editing and a formal review of your shots, please add Image Review and Feedback to the cart also - this is not mandatory and can be booked post event too. A Qty of 1 is 1hr over the phone/Skype
All Inclusive Vs Tuition Only
- Enjoy extra guidance & tuition when you are being driven to and from and around locations
- Take the stress out of finding places and enjoy the workshop without the driving
- Optional sunrise shoots - dependant on conditions and wishes.
- Evening meals booked for you to enjoy a relaxing evening all laid on for you.
- Accommodation and breakfast included with a private bedroom.
- Optional image reviews when back the hotel/B&B.
- You are responsible for getting to and from each workshop location yourself, on time.
- Sunrise shoots may be excluded due to logistics of last minute changes to suit weather and best locations. Alan will advise depending on locations.
- You are welcome to join us for the evening meals but you will be responsible for getting to the chosen place on time.
Included in price
- Travel to and from locations and back to rendezvous point (all inclusive only)
- B&B in room with private bathroom or ensuite (all inclusive only)
- All photographic tuition and advice to help you make those shots
- One to one tuition throughout the event
- Image feedback throughout the event
Excluded in price
- Cancellation insurance
- Equipment insurance
- Evening Meals
- Accommodation is generally mid-range B&B or Hotels. Some residential workshops are based in self-catering accommodation.
- If you are booking tuition only and wish to find your own accommodation please contact Alan so he can advise on what would be nearby and convenient.
A deposit payment secures your place on the workshop. If the workshop does not proceed due to cancellation by Alan Ranger Photography for lack of demand you will get a full refund or offered alternative dates. If you cancel you will loose the full deposit. Payment of balance must be paid 60 days before event start date.
Cancellation or Bad Weather
- Please read my terms and conditions before booking as you will be bound by them upon receipt of money paid.
- On the rare occasion that severe weather conditions prevent any of the photography workshops from safely or practically going ahead, other dates will be offered if a 1 day, 4hr or 2.5hr event.
- If it is a residential 2+ day workshop then Alan will be able to provide alternative options including indoor training on photo editing or any other photography topic.