Yorkshire Dales Photography Workshop
An exciting 1 to 3 day residential photography workshop visiting some gorgeous spots around the Yorkshire Dales. Includes early morning shoots and a variety of moody and dramatic scenes for you to practice, learn and hone your photographic skills.
Join me in Yorkshire and spend the weekend around some iconic locations such as:
- Ingleton, Dentdale & Sedbergh
Provisional listing so will be update with specific locations closer to event date when sufficient interest registered
The weather creates unique windows to capture, reflections, mist, stormy skies and subtle and strong colours - often all in the space of 1-2 days and sometimes just hours.
We will visit approximately 2-3 locations a day in a weekend subject to the wishes of the group, time, weather and other factors:
- Depart from Coventry 6am - arrive Lake District approx 9am
- Workshops ends approx 2pm on last day, arrive back at Coventry 6pm
- Sunrise and sunset shoots included in itinerary
- Varied locations to suit a range of interests and techniques
- B&B or Hotel with travel or tuition only options
- Evening meals together
Equipment for this workshop
Recommended but it's not all essential:
- Tripod ( I have some for hire if you don't own one yet)
- No specialist lenses required, we can make use of whatever you have
- Remote cable release, useful but not essential
- A polariser filter is useful but not essential
- Neutral Density and Graduated ND filters are useful but not essential
In order for a photographic workshop to go ahead, there must be a minimum of three students booked for that particular date. Should there be insufficient interest, alternative dates will be offered.
On the rare occasion that severe weather conditions prevent any of the photography workshops from safely or practically going ahead, other dates will be offered.
If you have any questions about the workshop or equipment please don't hesitate to contact me. email@example.com or 0781-701-7994
- No prior knowledge of photography is required as each student will be taught individually, according to their level.
- Recognise correct lighting, contrast and texture to shape and form each shot.
- Learn the impact of using long exposure, shallow depth of field and other techniques.
- Work with Alan to review your shots, accept new ideas and improve your photography.
Example shots from workshop shoots
All Inclusive Vs Tuition Only
- You are responsible for getting to and from each workshop location yourself, on time.
- Sunrise shoots are excluded due to logistics of last minute changes to suit weather and best locations.
- You are welcome to join us for the evening meals but you will be responsible for getting to the chosen place on time.
- Enjoy extra guidance & tuition when you are being driven to and from and around locations
- Take the stress out of finding places and enjoy the workshop without the driving
- Optional sunrise shoots - dependant on conditions and wishes.
- Evening meals booked for you to enjoy a relaxing evening all laid on for you.
- Accommodation and breakfast included with a private bedroom.
- Optional image reviews when back the hotel/B&B.
There are 3 options available:
- Tuition only - meet me on location for the day at 9:30am if picking one day option only
- Either a 2 or 3 day all inclusive with or without travel. Includes transport on workshop and B&B
- All inclusive - get collected at a rendezvous point in Coventry and be driven there and back only available on a 3 day option. Price includes travel and B&B.