Whitby Photography Workshop Details
Sat 29th Nov - 6am - 5pm
Whitby is an excellent location for a variety of photographs. We are not limited to just sea and landscape photography as the town and area provides plenty of opportunities for portraits, architecture, abstract and nature images too.
If you are interested in booking this workshop, you can do so by scrolling down to the bottom of this page and selecting the 1 day workshop option.
There are 2 options available:
- Tuition only - meet me on location for the day
- All inclusive - get collected at a rendezvous point in Coventry and be driven there and back only available on a 2 day option. Price includes travel and B&B.
I recommend the following equipment for this workshop, though its not all essential:
- Tripod ( I can some for hire if you don't own one yet)
- No specialist lenses required, we can make use of whatever you have
- A polariser filter is useful but not essential
- Neutral Density and Graduated Neutral Density filters are useful but not essential
- Remote cable release, useful but not essential
If you have any questions about the workshop or equipment please don't hesitate to contact me. firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0781 701 7994
Is this for me?
If you prefer to be taught by ‘practical tuition’ then location photography workshops, for any level of photographer, are the ideal way to learn.
Workshops are not just aimed at landscape photographers. All workshop locations offer a range of photography subjects from wildlife and macro to minimalist or abstract styles using techniques from black and white to long exposure.
- No prior knowledge of photography is required as each student will be taught individually, according to their level.
- Expand your skills at landscape photography and enjoy stunning locations at the same time.
- Recognise correct lighting, contrast and texture to shape and form each shot.
- Learn the impact of using long exposure, shallow depth of field and other techniques.
How you will learn
- Throughout the workshop you will benefit from one-to-one tuition, allowing you to learn and photograph at a pace that suits you.
- Work with Alan to review your shots, accept new ideas and improve your photography.
- All workshops are delivered by internationally recognised and acclaimed photographer, Alan Ranger.
- Camera settings
- Lighting and exposure
- Shot selection & variation
- Advice on how to use your lens, filters and other camera equipment.
Suitable for all skill levels and camera equipment, there is also the opportunity to hire a tripod if necessary.
Alan will be happy to advise on any equipment to get more from workshops and you will be emailed a complete equipment guide upon booking any workshop.
In order for a photographic workshop to go ahead, there must be a minimum of three students booked for that particular date. Should there be insufficient interest, alternative dates will be offered.
On the rare occasion that severe weather conditions prevent any of the photography workshops from safely or practically going ahead, other dates will be offered.
Where do I go from here?
Sign up now and you've taken the first step.
All workshops can be combined with other, courses, online mentoring, and 1-2-1 sessions.
Why not discuss the possibility of a 12 month payment plan or have a chat with Alan about the most suitable course for you