Stourhead Gardens Winter Landscapes
1-day Photography Workshop
Stourhead is a 1,072-hectare estate at the source of the River Stour near Mere, Wiltshire, England. The estate includes a Palladian mansion, the village of Stourton, gardens, farmland, and woodland
Join Alan for a 1-day workshop to visit one of the most iconic garden landscapes in the UK.
"The greens should be ranged together in large masses as the shades are in painting: to contrast the dark masses with light ones, and to relieve each dark mass itself with little sprinkling of lighter greens here and there."
- Henry Hoare ‘The Magnificent’
On this workshop Alan will guide you through:
- Thinking more about composition
- Using colour, texture, shape and more
- Framing and designing the shot
- Using camera settings to vary the affects
- Places x 6. - 6 x Tuition Only - check with Alan for latest availability
There is 1 booking option available for this workshop:
- 1 day - 10am to 4pm
Fitness level Required - Easy
This trip is rated as easy, meaning that most people with average fitness should comfortably be able to deal with the short walks (20mins) and occasional steps or gradients involved.
Equipment for this workshop
You will be provided with a complete list of suggested equipment upon booking.
The following is a summary of recommended items but it's not all essential:
- Tripod ( I have some for hire if you don't own one yet)
- No specialist lenses required, we can make use of whatever you have
- Remote cable release, useful but not essential
- A polariser filter is useful but not essential
- Neutral Density and Graduated ND filters are useful but not essential
- No prior knowledge of photography is required as each student will be taught individually, according to their level.
- Recognise correct lighting, contrast and texture to shape and form each shot.
- Learn the impact of using long exposure, shallow depth of field and other techniques.
- Work with Alan to review your shots, accept new ideas and improve your photography.
The information below is generic to all workshops - if it is a 1 day, 4hr or 2.5hr workshops then ignore travel and accommodation/meals as appropriate.
Purchase this photography workshop as a gift voucher for someone - just specify the event date on the voucher purchase checkout.
In order for a photographic workshop to go ahead, there must be a minimum of three clients booked for that particular date. Should there be insufficient interest, alternative dates will be offered though Alan may, at his discretion, run the workshop with less than 3 participants.
If you have any questions about the workshop or equipment please don't hesitate to contact me. firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0781-701-7994
Image feedback is included in the price throughout the workshop.
If you would like post workshop feedback on your editing and a formal review of your shots, please add Image Review and Feedback to the cart also - this is not mandatory and can be booked post event too. A Qty of 1 is 1hr over the phone/Skype
All Inclusive Vs Tuition Only
- Enjoy extra guidance & tuition when you are being driven to and from and around locations
- Take the stress out of finding places and enjoy the workshop without the driving
- Optional sunrise shoots - dependant on conditions and wishes.
- Evening meals booked for you to enjoy a relaxing evening all laid on for you.
- Accommodation and breakfast included with a private bedroom.
- Optional image reviews when back the hotel/B&B.
- You are responsible for getting to and from each workshop location yourself, on time.
- Sunrise shoots may be excluded due to logistics of last minute changes to suit weather and best locations. Alan will advise depending on locations.
- You are welcome to join us for the evening meals but you will be responsible for getting to the chosen place on time.
Included in price
- Travel to and from locations and back to rendezvous point (all inclusive only)
- B&B in room with private bathroom or ensuite (all inclusive only)
- All photographic tuition and advice to help you make those shots
- One to one tuition throughout the event
- Image feedback throughout the event
Excluded in price
- Cancellation insurance
- Equipment insurance
- Evening Meals
- Accommodation is generally mid-range B&B or Hotels. Some residential workshops are based in self-catering accommodation.
- If you are booking tuition only and wish to find your own accommodation please contact Alan so he can advise on what would be nearby and convenient.
A deposit payment secures your place on the workshop. If the workshop does not proceed due to cancellation by Alan Ranger Photography for lack of demand you will get a full refund or offered alternative dates. If you cancel you will loose the full deposit. Payment of balance must be paid 60 days before event start date.
Cancellation or Bad Weather
- Please read my terms and conditions before booking as you will be bound by them upon receipt of money paid.
- On the rare occasion that severe weather conditions prevent any of the photography workshops from safely or practically going ahead, other dates will be offered if a 1 day, 4hr or 2.5hr event.
- If it is a residential 2+ day workshop then Alan will be able to provide alternative options including indoor training on photo editing or any other photography topic.