Northumberland Coastline Photography Workshop
Fri 13th - Sun 15th Oct - 6am - 6pm
We will be based on the north east coast of England and visit some of the UKs most imposing castles, including Bamburgh Castle, Dunstanburgh Castle, Lindisfarne Castle, Alnwick Castle and Warkworth Castle.
We will concentrate our workshop time along Northumberland’s impressive coastline and work from sunrise to sunset to ensure we make use of the best light, tides and empty beaches. This is the perfect workshop for practising long exposures and working at sunrise and sunsets to get those iconic views on the coast.
Likely locations include:
- Rumbling Kern
- Cullernose Point
There are 3 options available:
- Tuition only - meet me on location for any day
- Own travel but B&B included - contact me for price.
- All inclusive - get collected at a rendezvous point in Coventry and be driven there and back only available on a 3 day option. Price includes travel and B&B.
I recommend the following equipment for this workshop, though its not all essential:
- Tripod ( I can some for hire if you don't own one yet)
- No specialist lenses required, we can make use of whatever you have
- A polariser filter is useful but not essential
- Neutral Density and Graduated Neutral Density filters are useful but not essential
- Remote cable release, useful but not essential
If you have any questions about the workshop or equipment please don't hesitate to contact me. email@example.com or call on 0781 701 7994
All Inclusive Vs Tuition Only
- You are responsible for getting to and from each workshop location yourself, on time.
- Sunrise shoots are excluded due to logistics of last minute changes to suit weather and best locations.
- You are welcome to join us for the evening meals but you will be responsible for getting to the chosen place on time.
- Enjoy extra guidance & tuition when you are being driven to and from and around locations
- Take the stress out of finding places and enjoy the workshop without the driving
- Optional sunrise shoots - dependant on conditions and wishes.
- Evening meals booked for you to enjoy a relaxing evening all laid on for you.
- Accommodation and breakfast included with a private bedroom.
- Optional image reviews when back the hotel/B&B.
Is this for me?
If you prefer to be taught by ‘practical tuition’ then location photography workshops, for any level of photographer, are the ideal way to learn.
Workshops are not just aimed at landscape photographers. All workshop locations offer a range of photography subjects from wildlife and macro to minimalist or abstract styles using techniques from black and white to long exposure.
- No prior knowledge of photography is required as each student will be taught individually, according to their level.
- Expand your skills at landscape photography and enjoy stunning locations at the same time.
- Recognise correct lighting, contrast and texture to shape and form each shot.
- Learn the impact of using long exposure, shallow depth of field and other techniques.
- Camera settings
- Lighting and exposure
- Shot selection & variation
- Advice on how to use your lens, filters and other camera equipment.
Suitable for all skill levels and camera equipment, there is also the opportunity to hire a tripod if necessary.
Alan will be happy to advise on any equipment to get more from workshops and you will be emailed a complete equipment guide upon booking any workshop.
In order for a photographic workshop to go ahead, there must be a minimum of three students booked for that particular date. Should there be insufficient interest, alternative dates will be offered.
On the rare occasion that severe weather conditions prevent any of the photography workshops from safely or practically going ahead, other dates will be offered.