Norfolk Photography Workshop
North Norfolk Coast - Blakeney/Wells
Abandoned boats, windmills, nature reserve, sand dunes, coastal erosion, coastal path/estuary, optional seal trip and of course seascapes.
We will be based in the lovely coastal village of Blakeney - one of the most enchanting on the North Norfolk Coast. Blakeney started life as a busy medieval commercial port until the estuary began to silt up preventing all but pleasure craft from gaining access. The silting has left a fascinating landscape of marshes, sand hills and mud banks, with many creeks and channels twisting and turning their way through. Blakeney village is set on a small hill leading down to the harbour and has pretty flint cottages.
This photography workshop has something for everyone - enjoy the many sites and varied opportunities to make photos and receive my advice, support and feedback on your images over the weekend with evening reviews and discussions - We will be staying in a self catering cottage so that we can socialise and relax in communal areas and review images together. Alternatively you can arrange your own B&B or just turn up for the day. - Limited availability so book early to avoid disappointment.
Equipment for this workshop
Recommended but it's not all essential:
- Tripod ( I have some for hire if you don't own one yet)
- No specialist lenses required, we can make use of whatever you have
- Remote cable release, useful but not essential
- A polariser filter is useful but not essential
- Neutral Density and Graduated ND filters are useful but not essential
In order for a photographic workshop to go ahead, there must be a minimum of three students booked for that particular date. Should there be insufficient interest, alternative dates will be offered.
On the rare occasion that severe weather conditions prevent any of the photography workshops from safely or practically going ahead, other dates will be offered.
If you have any questions about the workshop or equipment please don't hesitate to contact me. email@example.com or 0781-701-7994
- No prior knowledge of photography is required as each student will be taught individually, according to their level.
- Recognise correct lighting, contrast and texture to shape and form each shot.
- Learn the impact of using long exposure, shallow depth of field and other techniques.
- Work with Alan to review your shots, accept new ideas and improve your photography.
There are 3 options available:
- Fri only - 1 day
- Sat only - 1 day
- Fri & Sat - 2 day
- Fri to Sun - 3 day (possibly going to Norfolk on the Thursday evening)
- Tuition only - meet me on location for the day at 9:30am for Fri or Sat
- Either a 2 or 3 day all inclusive with or without travel. Includes transport on workshop and B&B
- All inclusive - get collected at a rendezvous point in Coventry and be driven there and back and around locations on workshop - only available on a 3 day option. Price includes all travel and B&B.