Fireworks Photography Workshop
Sat Nov 4th - 6pm - 8:30pm
We will be photographing from outside the castle walls so you don't need to by a ticket for the display. Kenilworth castle acts an excellent backdrop for the amazing fireworks display organised by the Round Table every year.
I will provide you with a detailed set of guidance notes for set-up an preparation prior to the event and then support you on the night to work through the settings needed to capture many fireworks in one shot.
- Meet outside the Queen and Castle pub at 5:30-6pm
- You will need a tripod (solid one) let me know if you need to hire one from me.
- A remote release cable is also advised for long exposures
- Wrap up really warm as standing around for 2.5hrs gets very cold
- Bring a flask of something to keep you warm
- Bring a large plastic bag to cover camera in event of rain
- Optional - I can review your shots in the pub after this display if possible to get in!
Equipment for this workshop
Recommended but it's not all essential:
- Tripod ( I have some for hire if you don't own one yet)
- No specialist lenses required, we can make use of whatever you have but wide angle is best.
- Remote cable release essential
- A polariser filter is useful but not essential
In order for a photographic workshop to go ahead, there must be a minimum of three students booked for that particular date. Should there be insufficient interest, alternative dates will be offered.
On the rare occasion that severe weather conditions prevent any of the photography workshops from safely or practically going ahead, other dates will be offered.
If you have any questions about the workshop or equipment please don't hesitate to contact me. firstname.lastname@example.org or 0781-701-7994
- No prior knowledge of photography is required as each student will be taught individually, according to their level.
- Recognise correct lighting, contrast and texture to shape and form each shot.
- Learn the impact of using long exposure, shallow depth of field and other techniques.
- Work with Alan to review your shots, accept new ideas and improve your photography.