Long Exposure Evening Photography Workshop
Location to be confirmed - Coventry or Kenilworth
Join me on this evening photography workshop and learn how to see and design images at night!
We will walk around several historic parts of Coventry or Kenilworth in this 2.5hr workshop photographing buildings and ruins - all to practise the art of dealing with tricky light, learning how to focus in the dark, long exposures and hopefully some good skies to help us capture that big space above us.
Alan will walk through how to make the most of:
- Focusing in low light
- Exposure settings
- Tonal Range
- Long Exposure set-up
- Form and Shape
- Highlights & Shadows
- Contrasts in various forms and dimensions
- Texture, Lines and Patterns
Equipment for this workshop
Recommended but it's not all essential:
- Tripod ( I have some for hire if you don't own one yet)
- No specialist lenses required, we can make use of whatever you have
- Remote cable release, useful but not essential
- Warm clothes and a flask
In order for a photographic workshop to go ahead, there must be a minimum of three students booked for that particular date. Should there be insufficient interest, alternative dates will be offered.
On the rare occasion that severe weather conditions prevent any of the photography workshops from safely or practically going ahead, other dates will be offered.
If you have any questions about the workshop or equipment please don't hesitate to contact me. email@example.com or 0781-701-7994
- No prior knowledge of photography is required as each student will be taught individually, according to their level.
- Recognise correct lighting, contrast and texture to shape and form each shot.
- Learn the impact of using long exposure, shallow depth of field and other techniques.
- Work with Alan to review your shots, accept new ideas and improve your photography.