Devon Photography Workshop
Hartland Quay in North Devon is one of the UK's most dramatic seascape locations. Long slithers of rock formations and a fierce tide combine to bring you a fantastic photographic location. Join me for this amazing photography workshop in some the best photographic coastal parts of the UK.
Typically we start the day at Hartland Quay and meet for breakfast at the Hartland Quay Hotel which resides on the cliff edge overlooking the spectacular shoreline.
After some time working the rugged shoreline and beach we move onto a second location - this will depend on wishes of group, tide times and weather but Clovelly harbour is normally a favourite spot for lunch and some different shots.
The afternoon we have more choices to shoot at several local beaches and can choose depending on whether you want rock formations or sand patterns...
The Sunday we head part way back and can stop at Croyde, Heddon or any one of the great coastal spots depending on the requirements of the group - choices are sand dunes, large sweeping sandy beaches, large boulder and pebble beaches or rivers and waterfalls that join the sea.
Equipment for this workshop
Recommended but it's not all essential:
- Tripod ( I have some for hire if you don't own one yet)
- No specialist lenses required, we can make use of whatever you have
- Remote cable release, useful but not essential
- A polariser filter is useful but not essential
- Neutral Density and Graduated ND filters are useful but not essential
In order for a photographic workshop to go ahead, there must be a minimum of three students booked for that particular date. Should there be insufficient interest, alternative dates will be offered.
On the rare occasion that severe weather conditions prevent any of the photography workshops from safely or practically going ahead, other dates will be offered.
If you have any questions about the workshop or equipment please don't hesitate to contact me. email@example.com or 0781-701-7994
All Inclusive Vs Tuition Only
- You are responsible for getting to and from each workshop location yourself, on time.
- Sunrise shoots are excluded due to logistics of last minute changes to suit weather and best locations.
- You are welcome to join us for the evening meals but you will be responsible for getting to the chosen place on time.
- Enjoy extra guidance & tuition when you are being driven to and from and around locations
- Take the stress out of finding places and enjoy the workshop without the driving
- Optional sunrise shoots - dependant on conditions and wishes.
- Evening meals booked for you to enjoy a relaxing evening all laid on for you.
- Accommodation and breakfast included with a private bedroom.
- Optional image reviews when back the hotel/B&B.
- No prior knowledge of photography is required as each student will be taught individually, according to their level.
- Recognise correct lighting, contrast and texture to shape and form each shot.
- Learn the impact of using long exposure, shallow depth of field and other techniques.
- Work with Alan to review your shots, accept new ideas and improve your photography.
There are 3 options available:
Sat - 9:30am - 6pm as a one day
Sun - 6am - 2:30pm as a half day
Sat & Sun - Two day
- Tuition only - meet me on location for the day at 9:30am
- All inclusive - get collected at a rendezvous point in Coventry and be driven there and back only available on a 2 day option. Price includes travel and B&B.