Photography Theory Followed By Practical Workshops
Take a morning theory class to learn about camera, settings, composition and technique. Follow on after lunch with a practical workshop and photo walk to put theory into practice with Alan's help around the Arboretum.
- Photography Class – 10:30 am to 12:30 pm £30
- Photo Walk Practical – 1:15 pm to 3:15 pm £45
- Both sessions booked together £65 – Save £10
- Price includes entrance to the Arboretum
- 17th Apr Exposure
- 25th Apr Composition
- 15th May Macro
- 5th Jun Abstract
- 20th Jun Exposure
- 11th Jul Composition
18th Jul Macro
- 8th Aug Abstract
- 4th Sep Exposure
- 26th Sep Composition
- 9th Oct Macro
- 23rd Oct Abstract
Photography Classes – Suitable for any level with a bridge or DSLR camera. Taught in the Batsford Education Centre. Theory class with supporting notes.
Photo Walk is a practical session where you can practise the settings and composition around Batsford Arboretum with Alan.
- The classes will enable any beginner or person wanting to Get Off Automatic Mode and improve their techniques and understanding of Exposure, Composition, Macro and Abstract photography. Each 2hr class will focus on one topic.
- Each class is followed after lunch with a guided walk around the best seasonal part of Batsford Arboretum to make images with Alan's support and input.
- Image review and feedback throughout the workshop.
- The Arboretum has a great cafe and facilities for lunch, alternatively, bring your own packed lunch.
A full listing of Batsford Arboretum Photography Workshops can be found here
- Price includes entrance to Arboretum and all tuition
- Workshop dates subject to minimum number of participants
- In the event of insufficient bookings or bad weather, alternative dates will be offered.
- Participants are responsible for attending with appropriate footwear and are responsible for their own equipment.
- Under 16's welcome but must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- All bookings must be made in advance through Alan Ranger Photography website - www.alanranger.com/batsford or a ticket purchased in advance from the Arboretum ticket desk.
- Bookings are confirmed within 24hrs & joining instructions will be emailed out 4-7 days prior to event date.
- Optional post workshop image review and feedback on your images
- Maximum group size 10 attendees.