RPS Distinction Group
Are you interested in gaining a photographic distinction?
The Royal Photographic Society exists to promote photography and image-making and to support photographers in realising their potential, irrespective of their level of knowledge, equipment or skills.
Having supported many clients through a journey of development and improvement, with their photography, over the past few years, I am aware that there is a growing group who have considered and are interested in going for an accreditation with the RPS.
I have had a few conversations with individuals over the past six months and it seems there is a wish by them for me to pull together a special interest group of those wishing to build panels and apply for either the L or A distinction.
LICENTIATE OF THE RPS (LRPS)
Requires 10 images which reflect your ability as a photographer.
ASSOCIATE OF THE RPS (ARPS)
Requires a body of work/project of 15 images of a high standard and a written Statement of Intent.
I have previously supported a few clients in achieving their distinctions - Mike Ford so have experience of providing the mentoring and tuition to help you achieve this goal. Additionally, my own experience and knowledge means I am well positioned to offer insight and guide you through the process.
Distinction Group - Cost and Commitment
At this stage, I am polling interest to see what the demand would be for a group. Depending on interest this may become a formal group and course spread over 6-12 months with a class/meetup scheduled every four-five weeks. I am aware that everyone will be at different stages and progress may take longer for some than others who already possibly have an incomplete draft panel.
Therefore the format I am considering is each person being able to pick six scheduled classes over a 12 month period. The classes will run approx every 4-5 weeks during the week in an evening at my home (Coventry). This should cater for attendees various timescales to complete a panel in a 12 month period.
The cost £395 for the 12 months of classes/support.
Distinction Group - Format and Tuition
- Small group setting at my home - Coventry
- Images projected on to large TV screen
- Dropbox used for updated portfolios and images
- Group collaboration and sharing
- 2hr-2.5hrs - 7pm - 9:30pm on monthly basis - Option to attend/leave when it suits you
- Advice on an individual basis throughout
- Support for panel ideas, layout and coherence
- Technical and creative critique with suggestions for improvement
- Support for L and A panel submissions process
- Support for DPI or Printing quality and formats
- Support for RPS Advisory Days
- Consider if an RPS Distinction is something you want to achieve
- Consider if you can commit to up to six classes over the next 12 months
- Consider if you can make the time to shoot the images needed for a panel
- Consider the benefits of being in a distinctions group and collaborating/learning
- Consider how this process will develop you and your photographic skills/knowledge
If you feel answered positively to those five considerations then this is a good opportunity for you to enrol in this programme.
Just email/phone me to register your interest so I can discuss the level of interest, suitability of your work to date and confirm the timescales and next steps for you to sign up!
I look forward to hearing from everyone and happy to take on board any suggestions on format and frequency etc.