Poppy Field Photography Workshops
Join an award-winning professional photographer and qualified tutor, Alan Ranger, for a poppy field photography workshop in Kidderminster, Worcestershire.
Poppy fields are one of those seasonal highlights for outdoor photographers who appreciate nature and the spectacle of a field of colour.
Choice of workshops: Cost for 2.5hrs £75
18th Jun to 22nd Jun 2018
Sunrise - 5 am to 7:30 am
Sunset - 7:15 pm to 9:45 pm
Latest Availability Here: https://www.alanranger.com/poppy-field-workshops
We will meet at a designated point at 5:00 am or 7:15 pm and take the short drive and 10 min walk to the poppy fields - location and meeting point details will be emailed prior to the event.
On this workshop Alan will guide you through:
- focusing in low light
- tonal range and shadow and highlight recognition
- composition and designing the shots in a variety of ways
- long exposure, set-up and calculating the right amount of time
- photo reviews throughout the workshop and demonstrations
- Landscapes & Vista's
- Macro and close-up
- Abstract & Movement
- Long exposure
- Sunrise or sunset and using light creatively
Equipment and Suitability
- Any camera and lens is suitable - Zoom and wide angle and macro lens are an advantage
- Tripod is advised, especially for doing close-up shots but also if booking the sunrise session.
- A tripod can be hired for the workshop at £10 - Let me know in advance if required.
- A polariser filter is useful but not essential
- Remote Release cable is useful but alternatively, you can use the self-timer on the camera.
- Neutral Density / Graduated Neutral Density Filters are recommended but not essential.
- Workshops are suitable for any level of experience as 1:2:1 tuition is provided throughout.
- A complete packing and equipment list will be provided before the workshop event date.
Fitness level Required - Easy
This trip is rated as easy, meaning that most people with average fitness should comfortably be able to deal with the short walks (20mins) and occasional steps or gradients involved.